Twenty-six: Motherhood

Motherhood is no easy thing.  It's a round-the-clock job requiring continual increases in patience, understanding and skillful communication.  Add to this the fact that with a child's first bonny breath, a mother's sense of "all is well in the world" is no longer self-contained but resides in the minds and hearts of her children.
This is a mixed bag and anyone who tells you otherwise is F.O.S.
My boys, as different as night is to day, bicker and argue, casting a spell of discontent and disharmony over many an hour.  But just when my very long fuse is coming to its end, one of them will take my hand and say, "I love you Ma",  or sit beside me and ask that I listen to them, really listen and then my heart unwinds, grateful for the opportunity to love as only a mother loves.
Grateful beyond words to my boys for making a mother of me.
Happy Mother's Day.

Comments