Seven: Life in the cracks

Seeing beauty in nature has always come easily to me. So 365 days spent appreciating nature is hardly a challenge. I’m consciously grateful for the natural world many times each day. On the human scene, however, I have a harder time. I notice the destruction of our natural world, the continual rush toward over consumption and our self serving behaviors all too often. I see good things too but not nearly enough.  So new challenge, I’m gonna have to find reasons to give thanks amidst the grand human catastrophe. 

Today I noticed this weed growing up through the cracks. I know it’s still nature but it gave me pause. Beauty persists here too. We call it weed and threaten to tame it but nature is persistent. Where else might it be? In your heart? And mine. I’m looking.


Comments